Electrical Mechanic - Plant Operations
Performs general and preventive maintenance throughout the hospital and hospital owned off-site properties.
• High school graduate or equivalent, trade school preferred
• Five (5) years of experience in electrical trade preferred
Functions of the Position:
Assist with preventative maintenance on equipment by inspecting equipment and facilities for proper operation and working condition. Maintain routine records and
determined type/extent of malfunction and as necessary: adjust, disassemble, and
repair/replace parts or components, reassemble, and test for proper operation.
Perform a variety of general semi-skilled maintenance, alterations, and repairs to machinery, equipment or facilities as assigned. Perform maintenance in accordance with basic skills and abilities, standard procedures, diagrams, or manufacturer’s instructions, such as:
• General electrical maintenance of hospital equipment and kitchen equipment, excluding specialized and highly technical x-ray and surgical equipment requiring specialized experience and training.
• Perform a variety of routine maintenance duties such as repairing and assembling of extension cords, replacing fuses and breakers, fluorescent ballast and tubes, cleaning and lubricating motors and other machinery.
• May service and make repairs to heating, air conditioning, and refrigeration equipment including: fans, motors, thermostats, dampers, and regulating controls. Replace filters and fluids as necessary, and maintain routine records of repairs, etc.
• Test, maintain, and replace electrical distribution equipment, motor control
centers, fire alarm equipment, lighting, and 120/208/277/480 VAC circuits.
Position Type : Full Time
Shift : Day
Megan Shrewsbury - Organizational Development Specialist/Patient Experience Champion
924 N. Howe St
Southport, NC 28461